Happy Valley Solar Tour
Water and light snacks provided. Check out local tour solar and renewable energy sites, including a straw bale house, the MorningStar Solar Home (former Solar Decathlon entry) and others, ending at the PSU Sustainability Institute for a BBQ cookout open to all SOLAR 2015 registrants with beer generously donated by Elk Creek Cafe and Aleworks. Please meet in the Courtyard at 1:30.
View the full map of the tour here.
1) 331 E Foster (Matson and Associates office)
– There is solar thermal.
– This stop would include a tour of the building by Jack Matson.
– The building has a lot of green building principles that would be discussed
2) 1394 University
– Site of a future net-zero ready duplex (two homes) to be sold to income qualified home owners.
– Site-specific passive and active design features and overall design process will be discussed.
3) 576 Foxpointe (Happy Valley Vineyard and Winery)
– A ~9kW roof mounted pv system on the wine processing building
– The tour would include pv + a description of the farm and processes
4) 540 Scotia
– This will be the live installation site of a 4.95 kW roof mount
– A live install and let participants interact with install crew
5) Eagle Field
– A ~10 kW ground mounted array with live monitoring
– It allows participants to see the panels and inverters up close
– 100% renewable-energy powered home energy home designed and constructed for the 2007 Solar Decathlon;
– HyRES lab showcases alternative vehicle recharging station, passive and active solar design, solar thermal and PV technology and more.